The main questions to be answered in this session are:
What are your challenges as a team and how do you want to approach them?
Recognising the weaknesses and strengths of a relationship helps foster self-awareness for all individuals involved.
(You may want to talk about the roles in the team first)
How to use
- Create context and a safe environment.
- Have the team reflect and discuss how it is perceived from the outside (its stakeholders, its customers, partners etc.).
- Ask them questions such as: How would they describe us? Which strengths/weaknesses do they see?
- What would they like us to improve?
- How can we improve it? – (Brainstorm and create an action plan).
- Do not focus on the individual strengths and weaknesses. Try to work with the team’s personality/culture.
- Maybe the team does not see the necessity to improve something. Pick the right moment to have such a discussion, e.g. after some feedback from customers.
- You do not need necessarily think in weaknesses in order to improve. You can decide as a team to use a strength to grow.
The team-effectiveness canvas
Browse through the areas and click to get more information about the team-effectiveness canvas.